Nationwide Impact Mole Equipment Hire
An Impact Mole (otherwise referred to as a soil displacement hammer or an earth piercing tool) is the simplest way of getting a pipe or cable through displaceable soils such as sand, loam and gravel.
Impact moles are a popular non destructive and low-cost trenchless installation method used for the installation of pipes. Impact moles are driven through the ground by compressed air and as a result, require minimal excavation.
If you are looking to hire Impact Moles to help position pipes underground and need a prompt, professional service with competitive rates and fast, reliable delivery then give Site Equipment a call today.
Benefits of Impact Moles
- Impact Moles are available from 45mm up to the new 180mm size and this easy to use A to B system is ideal for your needs
- Up to 20m in length
- Two small pits, one entry and one exit is all that is required
- They vary in size from 1.5m long and 700mm wide preventing any real damage and minimal disruption to the area
- Minimal excavation required
- Wide range of towing heads available
- Forward and reverse gear
- Bull nose reverse towing compatible
- Cost effective solution vs other trenchless methods
Common applications of impact moling equipment are the installation of small diameter pipes or cables including water mains, sewage pipes, gas pipes and other underground services underneath roads, pavements, railroads and other crossings.
When choosing your impact mole, always allow an extra 30%.
To ensure there is no friction or drag, it is important that the impact mole is larger than the product. For example, 45mm lays pipes up to 32mm but if you are in doubt, contact the team at Site Equipment Ltd.
If you are interested in an impact mole or any of our other trenchless technology for your next construction project, we can help. Call the closest office to you below with any questions or to request an up to date quote.
Bristol: + 44 (0) 117 982 8236
Cardiff: + 44 (0) 1443 844713
London: + 44 (0) 20 7127 8002