Site Equipment is committed to protecting and enhancing the environment and to improving the quality of life for people both now and in the future. By minimising the impacts of our activities, we will contribute to the improvement of the global environment through local action and will deliver sustainable development by recognising the links between the environment, people and our economy.
It is our business aim and policy to meet all registration requirements and meet or exceed compliance all the environmental legislation that relates to our business.
We will seek continuous improvement in our environmental performance and management through regular (at least annual) review and revision of this policy; and recognise the need to provide the resource required to make this policy and our arrangements effective.
To meet the aims of this policy we are committed to:
- Critical examination of the impact that our policies and programmes have on the environment and timely actions to minimise these impacts
- Integration of environmental best practice in corporate and specific policies where appropriate
- Continual improvement in our environmental performance
- Measurement against comparable authorities and other benchmarks
- Raising awareness and encouraging participation among members and employees in environmental matters
- Spreading and sharing knowledge across the business through environment champions in all Departments
- Ensuring purchasing decisions are mindful of sustainability and environmental impacts
- Working with partners, businesses and other organisations who demonstrate commitment to reduce their own environmental impact
- Increasing understanding of environmental issues, ensuring everyone has access to accurate information, which encourages sustainable lifestyle changes and encourages focussed voluntary action
- Minimising waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible
- Minimising vehicle emissions through the selection and use of vehicles and restricting work related travel to essential journeys
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution
- Use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities